Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Band of Horses

New Album Alert!

Band of Horses was my surprise find of 2006. Their debut album Everything All the Time was on heavy rotation in my CD player. For those who don't know me, I spend a lot of time in my car. If I didn't have my iPod and CD player in my car, I would go insane. Having said that, when I say "heavy rotation" it means I'm listening to an album over and over again for hours at a time.


I think I was the only one in my group of friends that really took a liking to Band of Horses. It's then when I realized that I was marching to the beat of my own drum. I had always relied on my friends recommendations for music until the summer of 2006. I'm excited for the release of their upcoming album Cease to Begin. Many changes have taken place amongst the band and it's members but from the sound of Is There a Ghost those changes have not affected the music.


If you've never heard of Band of Horses before, you can download two song from their previous album below and one from their upcoming album. Cease to Begin is set to release later this year. That should give some of you plenty of time to fall in love with them as I have.


Official Page - Subpop - MySpace Page


Everything All The Time

Tracks:

The Funeral

The Great Salt Lake


Cease to Begin

Track:

Is There a Ghost


Upcoming Shows ( view all )
Sep 2 2007 8:00P
Download Festival @ Alpine Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin
Sep 8 2007 8:00P
Wiltern w/ Dinosaur Jr. Los Angeles, California
Sep 9 2007 8:00P
The Mezzanine w/ Dinosaur Jr. San Francisco, California
Sep 11 2007 8:00P
Neumos w/ Dinosaur Jr. Seatte, Washington
Sep 12 2007 8:00P
Crystal Ballroom w/ Dinosaur Jr. Portland, Oregon

No comments: