Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A FINE FRENZY

It's so refreshing to see that not all young woman are following in the failing footsteps of today's poor representation of a "pop" star. No need to mention their names it would be an injustice to Alison Sudol.

For those who don't know, Alison Sudol is the beautiful voice behind, A Fine Frenzy. She is only 22 years old, and her single, "Almost Lover," off her debut album, One Cell in the Sea, has been haunting me for days. I wake up singing this song in my head and I find my self humming it through out the day. If I was breaking up with someone this would be my anthem song.

In the upcoming months she will be touring with Sean Lennon and Rufus Wainwright, not too shabby. She's definitely on my to see list for this year. I hope you enjoy her music as much as I do. If you like what you hear please make sure you support by buying her CD or seeing a live show.


Download:

A Fine Frenzy

From One Cell in the Sea:

Tracks:

01: Almost Lover (Must Download)
02: Ashes and Wine (Edited Version)
03: Rangers (Edited Version)



"Almost Lover" Video

Upcoming Tour Dates
DATE VENUE LOCATION INFO
08/17/2007 Mann Center for the Performing Arts Philadelphia, PA map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

08/19/2007 Central Park Summer Stage New York, NY map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

08/21/2007 Avalon Ballroom Boston, MA map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

08/23/2007 LC Pavilion Columbus, OH map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

08/24/2007 Michigan Theatre Ann Arbor, MI map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

08/25/2007 Ravinia Festival (Pavilion) Highland Park, IL map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

08/27/2007 Pabst Theater Milwaukee, WI map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

08/29/2007 Centennial Hall London, Canada map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

08/31/2007 Place Des Arts Montreal, Canada map

w/ Rufus Wainwright

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Trini, thanks for that one! I've had "rangers" on my ipod for weeks, loving it, so now i know the name behind that voice.

catfish said...

OH. MY. SCHKITS. Thanks a lot, I've fell in temporary love again. That second verse when she sings "images"........with the descending perfection. Holy mother of all that is melodically gorgeous. This beauty is valid competition for the previously assumed untouchable Lisa Hannigan. Again, thanks. If you ever hear that she desires to do a duet with a non-singin' non-playin' schmuck, you'd better let me know.

catfish said...

....I can't stop watchin' this video. This woman needs so bad to know me. That bridge at the end, when she's talkin' bout the things she can't do anymore.......that's sad. That is sad. For real, if you know her personally, hook me up. There won't be any more sad music anymore, though.......

catfish said...

Well damn, the other two tracks are solid gold as well. If this bombshell doesn't become the next Madonna, it just goes to indicate the incredibly disgusting state of taste that the world has fallen victim to.

Trini said...

Is it safe to say that you have fallen in love catfish? "Almost Lover" gives me chills every time I hear it.