Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jaymay

I am truly on a mission this year to find great female vocalist. I feel that that the representation of women in the music pool is lacking at the moment. The last time I could remember wanting to see a female performer was Rachel Yamagata, which by the way I can't wait for her upcoming album, that'll be on my next post. But for every Rachel, Feist, A Fine Frenzy that actually makes it, there are hundreds of other vocalist out there who don't but are just as talented as as the rest.

In my quest to find the great ones, I'll start with a good find, Jaymay, she's been in the "Folk" scene in NY for some time now and it wasn't till I heard "You Are the Only One I Love" that I actually took an interest. She's been compared by a lot of bloggers out there to the likes of Regina Spektor. I'm interested to see what you all think of her.

Download:

Jaymay

Tracks:

01: Your the Only One I Love (my favorite)
02: Grey or Blue
03: Sea Green, Sea Blue
04: Letter
05: Color Confused
06: Tragedy
07: What Happend



Upcoming Shows

Aug 20 2007 7:30P
Metro - with Kevin Devine London
Aug 21 2007 7:30P
The Queen Charlotte - with Kevin Devine Norwich
Aug 23 2007 8:00P
The Borderline - with Kevin Devine London
Aug 25 2007 7:00P
The Spitz London
Aug 27 2007 8:00P
The Troubador London

6 comments:

catfish said...

Trini, I have a similar quest in mind. I want a female co-vocalist so bad, as well as a violinist. A man can dream, can he not? Anyway, thanks for introducing this Jaymay lovely, I am now a fan. She's a poetic genius. But I could only get the first three tracks there to play. What's up with the other four?

olly said...

Thanks Trini! You've found a pearl ! I'm a bit frustrated that her website is off... I eagerly await to get more information about her. Keep-up dreaming !

Kevin said...

Trini, I'm begining to think you copied my iPod library!!!

Kevin said...

...and if any of you are interested in more female artists, check out the blog "Women Folk" in the other crazy dreamers on the right. Beautifuly designed site as well. There is a plethera of great music in the archives at that site as well.

Trini said...

Catfish ... I checked to make sure they all worked. I'll fix it or take the rest down.

Trini said...

Kevin

I guess that's why we started this blog. We all have very similar taste. Isn't it funny how that works.