Friday, August 17, 2007

Jeffrey Foucault


Hello all you fellow crazy dreamers....first post from me here. I may not be the best writer in the world like my fellow partners in crime, but that will not stop me from sharing my thoughts in this blog world.

Jeffrey Foucault is one of my most recent finds....while he may not be brand spankin' new in the music world (his most recent disk is from 2006), his music is new to me (better late than never, right?) and I think he is just fantastic. Been listening to him a lot lately. Eagerly anticipating his show here in Chicago at Schubas on Sept. 9th.

His song "I Dream An Old Lover" is a stunner (which you can find streaming on his MySpace here) This tune is on his CD Ghost Repeater and is one of my favorites...it just oozes heartache.

This little blurb taken from his website:

Written over the course of a year in which Foucault married, Ghost Repeater juxtaposes a personal narrative of hope and beauty against the wider story of the times, in a series of travelogues and dreamscapes. Words like bloom and fade, truth and mercy, dream and memory recur through the album to create a sort of grammar, a palette of colors that Foucault and Ramsey merge with dark washes of electric guitar and vocals hushed or plaintive, in a visionary portrait of modern Americana.

Perfect listening for a lazy Sunday afternoon or a road trip.


Here is a performance of him performing "One for Sorrow" at the Green River Festival in 2006





mp3s:
One Part Love (Ghost Repeater 2006)

4 & 20 Blues (Stripping Cane 2004)
Doubletree (Stripping Cane 2004)

Miles From the Lightning (A Song for Townes Van Zandt) (Miles From The Lightning 2001)
Dove and the Waterline (Miles From The Lightning 2001)

Wild Waste & Welter Recorded for the radio program Acoustic Cafe - Ann Arbor, MI (with Eric Heywood)

Shadows Tumble Bonus Track from the European release of Ghost Repeater (Rounder Europe)

Buy his CDs here: http://www.younghunter.com/jfstore.html
or on iTunes here

1 comment:

Geordie said...

Great choice Laura. Ghost repeater is a great album,it took me a few listens mind you.Hope to see him when he plays the U.K