Friday, August 17, 2007

The Broken Family Band


A band from Cambridge in the U.K who have been around a while now looking at the past releases but have not had anywhere near the exposure they deserve but with their latest release this could and should finally be the album that takes them to greater acclaim.

Their previous releases namely 'Balls' and 'Welcome home loser' were a more solid alt-country outing this new album 'Hello love' is much more Loved up affair. They still retain that alt-country sound but have added some bouncy melodies and some great harmonies and at times manage to sound a little like the pixies.

Fans of their earlier stuff, which you can have six free mp3's from their own site here may take a while to get used to this newer sound but in my humble opinion it was the only way forward. They proved they can do the alt-country along with the best of them and now it is time to show another side of their talents. For me a roaring success. Here are two superb tracks from 'Hello Love', and remember if you like it,buy it here.

The broken family band - Give and take

The broken family band - You get me

www.myspace.com/thebrokenfamilyband

3 comments:

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

Martin., I guess I should have said that I loved what I heard from the band, that is before the tracks cut off on me and didn't download completely, I guess? I tried downloading three times. Again, I loved what I heard.m Is this happening to anyone else?

Geordie said...

Hi kev,

I am downloading the tracks myself now as i write and no problems whatsoever.Maybe something your end perhaps?I will delete this comment after it's all sorted to keep it all nice and tidy as i do hate a messy board :)